Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Always the Photographer, Never the Bride...

You know that old saying, "Always the Bridesmaid, never the bride?"

Well, I have the 2.0 version of that. I am "Always the wedding photographer, never the bride." It's my lot in life. I have no ring and didn't have a super fun party will all of my family and friends. But I do love my life!

Just in case I was ever worried about having my own wedding, every now and then I get a reminder that comes like a backhand to the face. Like a few months ago, when Jamie and I were parked at the Swiss Chalet (cause we are classy like that) on Jasper and 109 St in Edmonton.

As we were pulling away, an actual Cinderella carriage pulled in front of our truck, led by a team of white horses. It was white and shaped like the magical carriage in the movie. It had twinkle lights, and was covered in tulle and fake flowers. It was incredibly tacky, but really, if a horse drawn carriage was your dream as a little girl, it would have been a dream come true.

So I swoon, "Oh look at that Jamie, it's just like Cinderella's Carriage," because I am a girly girl at heart.

And he says, "Oh that would be nice for someone to have at their wedding!"

And I say, "Oh yes it would!" thinking he is dropping a hint.

And then he says it, "Bet you could get some cute pictures of that!"

You see folks; Always the wedding photographer, never the Bride.


 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Blog Archive