Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Newfoundland Family Portraits | Owen


I was thrilled when Sinead asked me if I could take Owen's portraits at the Twin Rivers Golf Course in Port Blandford, Newfoundland. Even though I grew up less than half and hour from there, I had never been to see it. What a mistake! It is beautiful.
Even though it was wet and very cold and the course was closed for the day, Owen felt it was incredibly important to make sure the sand traps were well groomed.



'Driving' around the course in his golf cart!



Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am not terribly brave. I don't drive fast, zip line or jay walk. In short, I do not live dangerously. So when I came upon a sign that said 'Caution- Steep Hill' in my golf cart (my first time at the wheel of one mind you), I had a minor panic attack. Sinead had said that you can't destroy a golf cart by rear ending someone since they are the equivalent of Tupperware. I wasn't so so sure it could withstand the crash I envisioned. Anyway, after I was shamed into holding my breath and throwing myself and the golf cart down the embankment by the three year old who offered to drive me, I made it. See Dad, I can live dangerously. Just don't ask me to go over any bumps on cross country skis. That's just not natural.


It's hard work running around in all of the fresh air, grooming golf courses and rescuing 'fraidy cat photographers- time for a nap!

To book your own Newfoundland or Edmonton portrait session, please visit my website here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD AMY!!!!!! These pictures are everything I thought they would be and so much more, I actually got a little teary eyes while looking at them! can't wait to see the rest

Blog Archive