Friday, September 18, 2009

Chandra & Robert ~ Edmonton Wedding Photographer

Chandra and Robert were married at the St. Albert Botanic Park. I had driven by it countless times and never was very motivated to go see what it is all about. However, when I arrived there on Saturday, I realized there was much more than meets the eye from the road. It really is a wedding photographers paradise. The ladies who tend to the park are fantastic. I really think this is an amazing location for weddings in St. Albert. It is a beautiful wedding ceremony venue, as well as a great location to have wedding photos taken.




Chandra is the first person that I ever met from Flin Flon, Manitoba. God help me but when she told me where she was from, I thought she was joking because I had never heard of it and it sounded like she made it up. I feel badly now, but when I was little, my Dad would tell me to 'Go to Timbuktu,' if I was doing a good job of irritating him. It was only after I became familiar with Google searches that I realized it really is an African nation. Flin Flon, Google tells me, is a mining town on the border of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I stand corrected. Again.
Anyway, it turns out that all of the bridesmaids were from Flin Flon as well- and this has left me to conclude that if 5 out of the 5 girls I met from there were awesome, it must be a pretty awesome place!



How cute is this?! Chandra works in a Daycare and I thought this was so appropriate! All of the guests were given a sheet of paper and asked to draw a photo of the couple and give them advice for the future. I attempted to draw a photo and quickly came to the realization of why I am a photographer- not an artist. Here is someone else's sheet- they did a much better job than me!
Because I firmly believe that details really make a wedding special, I love to see real flower centre pieces and unique ideas at weddings. This wedding had both. I have driven past Opal's Flowers about ten million times because it is extremely close to my house, but I had never stopped in. When I met Opal herself at the wedding as she was laying out centrepieces, I couldn't have been more thrilled. What a sweet lady! She can do amazing things with flowers!

Thanks Chandra and Rob for letting me be part of your big day! I really enjoyed it and I hope you love your wedding photos as much as I do!

Blog readers feel free to comment below! I love to hear what people think! Check out other wedding and portrait photography at http://www.islandmistphotography.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were stunning and Beautiful as always :D Excellent Job Amy

Blog Archive